In this section you will find basic resources about who can adopt, things to consider before adoption, an explanation of the many adoption choices available (including domestic, intercountry, and open adoption), home study requirements, finding an agency, adoption by different types of families (including single; stepparent; transracial/transcultural; military; or lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) families), and assistance with adoption expenses.
- Who can adopt?
- Making the decision to adopt
- What are my choices in adoption?
- Who are the children waiting for families?
- Home study
- Finding an adoption agency
- Adoption by family type
- Adoption costs and sources of financial support