Cross-Reporting Among Agencies That Respond to Child Abuse and Neglect - Puerto Rico
Cross-Reporting Between Child Protective Services and Law Enforcement
Citation: Ann. Laws Tit. 8, §§ 444a; 444c(e)
The Department of the Family shall investigate, order, or refer for investigation referrals of abuse, institutional abuse, neglect, and/or institutional neglect, making use, for this purpose, of all procedures, services, and means required to guarantee the most expeditious and effective attention to such investigations.
The Puerto Rico police department shall do the following:
- Receive and investigate complaints of abuse, institutional abuse, neglect, and/or institutional neglect
- Assist and collaborate with the personnel of the department when their safety is at risk and they so request
- Cooperate actively with the department in any affirmative action aimed at assuming the custody of a minor and carrying out other services related to the protection of minors
- Appear at judicial hearings to testify about investigation procedures in cases of abuse, neglect, and/or institutional neglect
- Keep a record of the restraining orders issued under this chapter
Other Reporting Requirements
This issue is not addressed in the statutes and regulations reviewed.