The Child Welfare Information Gateway library is among the Nation’s largest collection of child welfare-related resources. Browse a wide range of literature spanning the topics of child maltreatment prevention, child abuse and neglect, foster care, adoption, and more.
We add approximately 300 resources each month to our growing collection of over 115,000 items. The library includes peer-reviewed journal articles, books, evaluation reports, Children’s Bureau final grantee reports, program reports, and more.
Conduct your research easily with features that allow you to select, save, and share your search results. Here are some tips:
- Enter keywords for title, author, subject, or call number.
- Use quotes around your keywords for exact search results.
- Use AND between the keywords to narrow your search.
- Use NOT between the keywords to look for results that exclude a keyword.
- Use OR between the keywords to expand your search.
Children’s Bureau staff: Want to log in to your account? Go directly to the Library Catalog landing page and click on “CB Staff Log In” in the top menu bar.
Need help? Librarians are available to support you. Contact us.
Learn about checking out materials, visiting the library in person, and more on our Library Services page.