The following programs were funded through Children's Bureau Discretionary Grants and visited by a Children's Bureau contract staff member during the funding period. Click on a project title to view a report from the site visit and find other information about the project. View a brief synthesis of grantees' findings or click on a specific project title to find a report from a Children's Bureau site visit and other information about the project.
Title of Program Announcement: Developing Models of Effective Child Welfare Staff Recruitment and Retention Training
Purpose: The purpose of this priority area is to develop, field test, revise, implement, evaluate, and disseminate an effective and comprehensive training curriculum and model for recruiting and retaining a competent work force in public child welfare agencies. For a copy of the funding opportunity announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-394-3366 .
Funding Period: October 1, 2003 - September 30, 2008
- Fordham University; Recruitment and Retention of Child Welfare Staff by Building Management Capacity
- Michigan State University; Child Welfare Services Training
- The Regents of the University of Michigan; Recruitment and Retention of Child Welfare Professionals Program
- University at Albany, State University of New York; An Innovative Model to Improve Recruitment and Retention
- University of Denver (Colorado Seminary); Western Regional Recruitment and Retention Project
- University of Iowa; Improving Recruitment and Retention in Public Child Welfare
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Child Welfare Staff Recruitment and Retention: An Evidence-Based Training Model
- University of Southern Maine; Child Welfare Recruitment and Retention Project