The following program was funded through Children's Bureau Discretionary Grants and visited by a Children's Bureau contract staff member during the funding period. Click on a project title to view a report from the site visit and find other information about the project.
Title of Program Announcement: National Child Welfare Leadership Institute (NCWLI)
Purpose: To establish a National Child Welfare Leadership Institute that will develop leaders among midlevel managers/administrators in public child welfare agencies (State and Tribal) to improve outcomes for children, youth, and families. The NCWLI provides leadership training in four phases: (1) a 5-day group training event, (2) a 3-month transfer of learning period in which trainees begin their implementation projects, (3) a 3-day group training, and (4) a final implementation phase in which trainees continue to implement their change plan with technical assistance from the NCWLI trainers. For a copy of the funding opportunity announcement, please contact email@example.com 1-800-394-3366 .
Funding Period: October 2007 to March 2009
Title: National Child Welfare Leadership Institute
Award #: 90CT0143
Grantee: University of Utah, College of Social Work
Contact: Norma Harris, Ph.D., Director and Principal Investigator, firstname.lastname@example.org; Raymond Kirk, Ph.D., Co-Principal Investigator, email@example.com
Project Website: www.ncwli.com/
Last Update: October 2009
Implementation Projects of NCWLI Trainees Include:
- A Collaborative System of Child Welfare and Adult Substance Abuse Treatment
- Engaging Families Project in Fairfax County (Virginia)
- Rhode Island Project: Embedding Lessons Learned
- Safe Families Coalition, the Community-Based Care Program Serving Sarasota, DeSoto, and Manatee Counties in Florida
- Family Group Conferencing Initiative; Family Services Division of the Vermont Department for Children and Families