The following programs were funded through Children's Bureau Discretionary Grants and visited by a Children's Bureau contract staff member during the funding period. Click on a project title to view a report from the site visit and find other information about the project.
Title of Program Announcement: Training of Child Welfare Agency Supervisors in the Effective Delivery and Management of Federal Independent Living Service for Youth in Foster Care
Purpose: The Children's Bureau announces the availability of funds and requests applications to develop, implement, evaluate and disseminate a training curriculum for public child welfare agency supervisors. This curriculum will strengthen supervision of staff interventions with older youth who are in foster care and/or in independent living programs. For a copy of the funding opportunity announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-394-3366 .
Funding Period: September 30, 2005 - September 29, 2008
- Department of Social Services, State of Massachusetts; Supervisory Training to Enhance Permanency Solutions (STEPS)
- Hunter College School of Social Work, CUNY RF; Preparation for Adulthood—Supervising for Success (PASS)
- San Francisco State University; Y.O.U.T.H. Training Project Child Welfare Supervisor Training
- University of Houston; Preparation for Adult Living: Supervisor Training and Empowerment Program (PAL-STEP)
- The University of Iowa; Improving Outcomes for Youth in Transition
- University of Louisville Research Foundation, Inc.; Evidence-Based Supervisor-Team Independent Living Training