The following programs were funded through Children's Bureau Discretionary Grants and visited by a Children's Bureau contract staff member during the funding period. Click on the project title to view a report from the site visit and find more information about the project.
Title of Program Announcement: Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System
Purpose: To fund comprehensive multifaceted diligent recruitment programs for a range of resource families for children in foster care, including kinship, foster, concurrent, and adoptive families. For a copy of the funding opportunity announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-394-3366.
Funding Period: September 29, 2008 – September 28, 2013
2016 Synthesis of Findings (PDF - 615 KB)
Projects Funded With Links to Site Visit Reports:
- Roots & Wings
- Ramsey County, MN, Permanent Families Recruitment Project
- A Parent for Every Child (PFEC)
- Project Making Appropriate and Timely Connections for Children (MATCH), Kentucky Department for Community Based Services
- Missouri Extreme Recruitment Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition
- Denver's Village: Wrapping Families With Community Support
- Bridge to the Future
- Partners for Forever Families (PDF - 215 KB)
Funding Period: September 29, 2010 – September 28, 2015
2018 Synthesis of Findings (PDF - 753 KB)