The availability of quality postplacement services is critical to families formed by adoption. Professionals who provide postadoption services need to be experts in both adoption and cultural competence to work with all types of families with children who were adopted. In this section, find resources that assist adoption professionals in identifying, providing, and evaluating quality postplacement services.
- Evaluation of postadoption services programs
- Financial assistance for families
- Maintaining/maximizing placement stability
- Maintaining connections with birth families after adoption
- Adoption support and preservation services
- Supporting racially and culturally diverse adoptive families
Child Welfare Information Gateway encourages States and localities to submit information on their postadoption initiatives for inclusion in the Information Gateway library and website to share with their peers across the country. Send information to email@example.com.