The availability of quality postplacement services is critical to families formed by adoption. Professionals who provide postadoption services need to be experts in both adoption and cultural competence to work with all types of families with children who were adopted. In this section find resources that assist adoption professionals in identifying, providing, and evaluating quality postplacement services.
- Evaluation of postadoption services programs
- Financial assistance for families
- Maintaining/maximizing placement stability
- Need for postadoption services
- Postplacement adoption openness/maintaining connections
- Adoption support and preservation services
- Supporting families formed by adoption through situational crises
- Supporting transracial and transcultural adoptive families
- Training to provide postplacement adoption services
Child Welfare Information Gateway encourages States and localities to submit information on their postadoption initiatives for inclusion in the Information Gateway library and website to share with their peers across the country. Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.