Sample Facebook Posts for Youth
Word of mouth is a powerful tool in adoption recruitment. Share your story. Spread the word about the siblings and youth in foster care who are waiting for adoptive families. Use these sample messages to promote the adoption of siblings from foster care through your Facebook page throughout the month of November.
Raise Awareness About National Adoption Month
- You don't have to work in child welfare or adoption to help siblings in foster care. Find out how you can put your talents to work by visiting http://www.adoptuskids.org/join-the-conversation/ways-to-help
- Ever wonder about what other States are doing to promote sibling connections? Visit the National Adoption Month website to find examples of promising practices that States and child welfare agencies are using to promote sibling connections.
- Do you have a blog and want to raise awareness about siblings in foster care who are waiting for adoption? Visit http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/spread-the-word/nam-widgets.cfm to add a National Adoption Month widget to your blog.
- Want to hear youth describing their real-life experiences in foster care and defining what family and permanency mean to them? Visit the National Adoption Month website: https://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/youth/youth-videos.cfm
- Has your State issued a National Adoption Day proclamation? View the National Adoption Day proclamations: http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/elected-officials/proclamations
Educate Others About Adoption From Foster Care
- Did you know there are over 100,000 children and youth in foster care in the United States, some of whom are in sibling groups, waiting for adoptive families? Meet these children on the AdoptUSKids website: http://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children?utm_source=Gateway&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=NAM
- Hear firsthand stories of siblings awaiting adoption. Visit the National Adoption Month video gallery: http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/video.cfm
- Facebook 101 for Child Welfare Professionals (PDF - 281 KB)
- Facebook 201 for Child Welfare Professionals (PDF - 386 KB)