Sample Facebook Posts for Professionals
Use these sample posts to build capacity and raise awareness through your agency's Facebook page throughout the month of November.
Raise Awareness About National Adoption Month
- November is National Adoption Month—a time to raise awareness about the urgent need for adoptive families for siblings in foster care in the U.S. Visit the National Adoption Month website to learn more: http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/.
- You don't have to work in child welfare or adopt a child to help siblings in foster care. Find out how you can put your talents to work by visiting the AdoptUSKids website: http://www.adoptuskids.org/join-the-conversation/ways-to-help.
- Has your State issued a National Adoption Month or Day proclamation? View the National Adoption Day proclamations at http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/elected-officials/proclamations
- Want to raise awareness about siblings in foster care awaiting adoption? Add a National Adoption Month widget to your agency's website: http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/spread-the-word/nam-widgets.cfm
Learn and Connect
- Did you know there are over 100,000 children and youth in foster care in the United States, some of whom are in sibling groups, waiting for adoptive families? Meet these children on the AdoptUSKids website: http://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children?utm_source=Gateway&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=NAM
- Want to hear siblings describing their real-life experiences in foster care and defining what family and permanency mean to them? Visit the National Adoption Month website: https://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/youth/youth-videos.cfm
- Connect with other parents waiting to adopt. Find a support group for prospective adoptive parents of siblings in your area in the National Foster Care & Adoption Directory: http://www.childwelfare.gov/nfcad/
- What is it really like to become an adoptive family of siblings? Hear families talk about their experiences through videos on the AdoptUSKids YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/adoptuskids
- Information Gateway's State Guides & Manuals Search can help you find adoption-related resources created by State agencies for foster, adoptive, and prospective adoptive parents: http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/sgm/index.cfm?&submit=1&TopicName=Adoption&AudienceName=Resource%20Parents
- Facebook 101 for Child Welfare Professionals (PDF - 281 KB)
- Facebook 201 for Child Welfare Professionals (PDF - 386 KB)