National Adoption Month Partners
National Adoption Month is an initiative of the Children's Bureau supported through Child Welfare Information Gateway and AdoptUSKids.
AdoptUSKids provides tools and technical assistance to support States, Tribes, and territories in their efforts to connect children in foster care with families waiting to adopt them. AdoptUSKids is a project of the U.S. Children’s Bureau.
Services for families:
- A national photolisting of children and youth in U.S. foster care who are available for adoption
- A rich array of resources on adoptuskids.org and a staff of foster care and adoption resource specialists providing information about the foster care and adoption processes and connecting families with professionals in their State
Resources for professionals:
- Information to help recruit, support, and develop foster, adoptive, and kinship families on adoptuskids.org and through the National Center for Diligent Recruitment (NRCDR) at AdoptUSKids
- A national listing of thousands of home-studied families who are ready to adopt
Public awareness efforts:
- Digital media promotion, outreach, and online resources including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- A national multimedia public service advertising campaign that raises awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families
- A diverse speakers bureau that includes adoptive and foster parents, youth, experts, and child welfare professionals
Find out more about AdoptUSKids.
Child Welfare Information Gateway promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children, youth, and families by connecting child welfare, adoption, and related professionals as well as the public to information, resources, and tools covering topics on child welfare, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and more.
- National Foster Care & Adoption Directory includes State-by-State listings of adoption agencies, State officials and services, support groups, and other related services.
- Adoption Triad is a monthly e-brief that provides practical information, tools, and strategies to help agencies build their capacity to identify, recruit, and retain families for children and youth. It also presents resources on all aspects of adoption for professionals to share with triad members.
- Logic Model Builder for Postadoption Services Programs helps programs identify anticipated outcomes, indicators of success, and evaluation instruments that may be appropriate to measure success in postadoption services.
- State Statutes Search provides State statutes on a range of issues related to child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
- Gateway Publications Series List includes over 170 bulletins for professionals, factsheets for families, Spanish materials, and other products produced or distributed by Information Gateway.
Explore the Introduction to Adoption section on the Information Gateway website to learn more about adoption.