National Adoption Month Partners
National Adoption Month is an initiative of the Children's Bureau with the goal to increase national awareness and draw attention and support for the thousands of children and youth in the U.S. foster care system who are waiting for permanent, loving families. The initiative is supported through a partnership with Child Welfare Information Gateway and AdoptUSKids.
Child Welfare Information Gateway promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children, youth, and families by connecting child welfare, adoption, and related professionals as well as the public to information, resources, and tools covering topics on child welfare, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and more. Explore the Introduction to Adoption section on the Information Gateway website to learn more about adoption or visit some of our other free resources below.
- National Foster Care & Adoption Directory includes State-by-State listings of adoption agencies, State officials and services, support groups, and other related services. Download the NFCAD app.
- Adoption Triad is a monthly e-brief that provides practical information, tools, and strategies to help agencies build their capacity to identify, recruit, and retain families for children and youth. It also presents resources on all aspects of adoption for professionals to share with triad members.
- State Statutes Search provides State statutes on a range of issues related to child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
- Gateway Publications Series List includes over 170 bulletins for professionals, factsheets for families, Spanish materials, and other products produced or distributed by Information Gateway.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway Library contains a wide range of searchable resources and literature on child abuse prevention, child abuse and neglect, out-of-home care, adoption, and other topics.