Hoosiers are ALL IN!
Everyone can do their part to be ALL IN for waiting children and youth. Take these steps to be ALL IN!
1. Commit to one of the activities listed below (or find another way to get involved!).
- Find out how to become a foster or adoptive parent in your State and take the next step toward becoming a forever family for a waiting child/youth. Visit AdoptUSKids' website for more information and support in the process.
- Watch and share these foster-adoption stories with colleagues, friends and family.
- Become an adoption-friendly workplace by using this toolkit developed by the Dave Thomas Foundation.
- Be a support for foster/adoptive families in your community. Find out how you or your community organization can help support children, youth, and families with meals, child care, and other practical needs. Contact your State, Tribe, Territory, or local agency to find out how to get involved in providing wraparound support or visit organizations like Care Portal or iFoster to get connected with meeting needs in your local community.
- Mobilize your faith community to become involved in supporting vulnerable children and those who care for them. Contact organizations like One Church One Child, Promise 686, Christian Alliance for Orphans Foster Movement, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, LDS Family Services, Lutheran Services in America, and the Network of Jewish Human Services Agencies to find out how you can get involved.
- Donate media to support the National Adoption Recruitment Campaign or share this video on your social media platforms to help promote adoption for older youth in foster care.
- Create your own media blitz to promote the ALL-IN Challenge.
- Become a mentor for a young person and create a lifelong connection. Visit one of these organizations for more information:
- Volunteer with a local agency that is working to support children and youth in foster care. Visit our Community Partners page for ideas, or check out other opportunities here.
- Make a dream come true for an older youth working toward independence, or for a child in foster care, by donating toward an item/experience they are hoping for:
- Use your existing networks to promote this campaign by offering specific activities for the public to engage in with your particular State or organization:
- Share mentoring programs in your State that people can sign up for.
- Recommend community organizations where people can volunteer or donate needed items.
- Create activities that people can engage in virtually to promote permanency, such as webinars hosted by youth advocates to talk about older youth adoption, how to succeed at mentoring, and more.
- Promote resources that help educate the public about the experiences of older youth in foster care.
- Share resources about developing life skills for transitioning youth.
- Promote the ALL-IN campaign in creative ways by showcasing the artistic talents of youth in foster care through displays of artwork, poetry, rap, music, and more.
2. Download one of these ALL-IN signs (or create your own and include the hashtag!).
3. Share a picture or video of yourself with the sign on your social media and let us know what you’ve committed to do to be ALL IN! Use hashtag #ALLINforWaitingKids to show your support for this challenge and share this link so people can learn more.
View more pictures of others who are ALL IN!
4. Nominate others to do the ALL-IN Challenge! Share this document to spread the word!
Links to organizations are presented for informational purposes only; their inclusion does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.