Follow these Steps to email a friend or colleague a link to this information.
United States. Children's Bureau.
Technical Assistance Needs Identified
Opportunities for technical assistance to be provided by the CB T&TA network of resource centers were identified throughout the Institute. Some of these opportunities are:
- Have peer-to-peer technical assistance available to supervisors for consultation and support opportunities;
- Use National Resource Centers for help in developing change models and leadership training models;
- Provide T&TA on how to address Child and Family Services Review and workforce-related findings;
- Encourage the T&TA network to promote models of intervention and to support development of organizational models. Improve State and local organizations' access to experts. Some needs include:
- Communication experts for developing primary messages and mission/vision;
- Experts to train employees in media relations and crisis planning;
- Help with website development, particularly websites for recruitment and retention resources;
- Assistance with developing partnerships and collaborations with clients, youth, other agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Help with developing quick reference guides for communication.
- Need for national leadership and resources to develop and share:
- Rewards and incentives
- Research and practice
- Share information in rural regions:
- Share practices that are working
- Share innovative practices