Follow these Steps to email a friend or colleague a link to this information.
United States. Children's Bureau.
The agenda listing each presentation and presenters is in Appendix A. There were presentations on a wide variety of workforce-related topics; which included both the latest research and reports from the field. Many of the handouts from these presentations and the following Institute sessions which were videotaped can be found at the Child Welfare Information Gateway website.
- Success in the Workplace: Connecting an Agency's Vision, Mission, and Values to the Workforce and the Impact/Influence this has on the Organizational Culture (David Sanders, LA County Department of Children and Family Services)
- Promising Approaches to Recruiting and Retaining Quality Child Welfare Workers (Sue Robison, Cornerstone for Kids; Anita Light, American Public Health Human Services Association (APHSA); Pam Day, Caliber, an Inner City Fund (ICF) Consulting Company; Sue Steib, CWLA; Cynthia Woodside, NASW and Joan Zlotnik, Institute for the Advancement of Social Work Research)
- Child and Family Services Reviews Workforce Related Findings-Focused on Training (Will Hornsby, CB)
- Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating a Research Driven Retention Model in New York State Public Child Welfare Organizations (Hal Lawson, Mary McCarthy, Paul Brady, James Caringi, SUNY at Albany and Edward Thompson, Child Protective Services (CPS) for Queens Borough of New York City)
- The Role of Leadership and Decision Makers in Improving Workforce Practices (Gary Anderson, Michigan State University)