Follow these Steps to email a friend or colleague a link to this information.
United States. Children's Bureau.
Next Steps for the Children's Bureau
- CB is launching a Child Welfare Workforce Communities of Practice website as part of the Child Welfare Information Gateway.
- CB will continue to bring attention to the need for supporting efforts to strengthen the child welfare workforce by including workshops/sessions on workforce related issues during CB sponsored meetings and/or conferences when appropriate.
- CB will continue to provide information to the hurricane-affected States on how to rebuild the workforce.
- The CFSR T&TA Training Task group will include workforce training opportunities in its calendar of training activities.
- One of CB's Recruitment and Retention Grantees is collaborating with the National Resource Center for Organizational Improvement in planning a training symposium in 2006.
- CB will encourage the T&TA network and other partners to gather and synthesize action-oriented models and strategies for optimizing and stabilizing the workforce. These may include:
- Recruitment and selection models and strategies
- Training and organizational initiation-induction models and strategies
- New practice models, strategies, and priorities
- Career development and promotion models and strategies
- Professional development models and strategies
- Retention models and strategies
- Organizational development models and strategies
- Models to address lingering issues and needs
- CB will encourage the T&TA network and partners to synthesize current information on State, federal, and local workforce policy. Examples may include:
- State workforce recruitment initiatives
- State workforce development initiatives, including partnerships with social work education
- State turnover-related initiatives (e.g., Delaware's program for hiring extra workers and deploying them when turnover occurs, thus preventing the multiple problems associated with unfilled vacancies)
- Promising State policies
- New CB/HHS initiatives