Protecting Children in Substance-Abusing Families
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Kropenske, V., Howard, J., Breitenbach, C., Dembo, R.|
|Year Published: 1994|
Attachment III: Areas of Assessment
- Parent's current drug/alcohol use history.
- Parent's drug/alcohol treatment history.
- Parent's use of health care systems.
- Parent's physical, intellectual, and emotional status.
- Parent's level of cooperation.
- Parent's history of prior child abuse/neglect.
- Strength of family support systems.
- Drug/alcohol use in the home.
- Sibling health, development, and school performance.
- Environmental conditions within the home.
- Infant's alcohol- and drug-related symptoms.
- Infant's medical and/or physical problems.
- Infant's special care needs.
- Parent's awareness of the impact of drug/alcohol use on the fetus.
- Parenting skills and responsiveness to infant.
- Presence of alternate caregiver in the home.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit Child Welfare Information Gateway.