Protecting Children in Substance-Abusing Families
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Kropenske, V., Howard, J., Breitenbach, C., Dembo, R.|
|Year Published: 1994|
Attachment II: Maternal Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol/Drug Abuse
- Positive drug screen(s) during pregnancy.
- Skin lesions such as abscesses or track marks consistent with IV drug abuse.
- Placental abruption in absence of other identifiable causes.
- Withdrawal symptoms.
- Intrauterine growth retardation in the absence of other identifiable causes.
- Current enrollment in a drug treatment program.
- Presence of drug paraphernalia in the mother's hospital room.
- Previous history of delivery of prenatally drug exposed infant(s).
- Altered mental status consistent with drug/alcohol intoxication.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit Child Welfare Information Gateway.