Protecting Children in Substance-Abusing Families
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Kropenske, V., Howard, J., Breitenbach, C., Dembo, R.|
|Year Published: 1994|
Attachment IV: Maternal Indicators of Possible Alcohol/Drug Abuse for Further Evaluation
The following may be indications of drug/alcohol abuse, but are not diagnostic. It is the constellation of factors that need to be evaluated.
- Inconsistent or inadequate prenatal care (less than 3 visits).
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Violence and substance abuse in the home.
- Precipitous delivery.
- Poor maternal weight gain.
- Premature onset of labor.
- Unexplained changes in mental status.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit Child Welfare Information Gateway.