- » Kinship/Relative Care
|Series:||Related Organizations Lists|
Child Welfare Information Gateway
These results are current as of: April 19, 2014
Organizations that provide information and resources for kinship and relative care providers. If you are aware of any others, please contact Child Welfare Information Gateway at OrganizationUpdates@childwelfare.gov. Inclusion on this list is for information purposes and does not constitute an endorsement by Child Welfare Information Gateway or the Children's Bureau.
To search for other child welfare-related topics, use the Related Organizations Search at http://www.childwelfare.gov/organizations/search.cfm.
- AARP Foundation GrandCare Support Locator - http://www.giclocalsupport.org/pages/gic_db_home.cfm
RAPPs provide extensive direct services, primarily to relative caregivers caring for children outside the foster care system, in 44 States and the District of Columbia.
- Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) - http://www.brookdalefoundation.org/RAPP/rapp.html
- Regional and State RAPPs - http://www.brookdalefoundation.org/RAPP/rapp.html
- REACH Institute Collaboration on Mental Health - http://www.casey.org/Resources/Initiatives/REACH/
- Research Network on Youth Mental Health Care - http://www.casey.org/Resources/Initiatives/MacArthurResearch/
- Youth Resources - http://www.casey.org/Youth/Resources.htm
The goals of the CCFP are to enhance the lives of vulnerable children and families and to shape local, State, and national policies by working with public and private agencies to conduct research, demonstrate new models of service, develop training curricula and provide T/TA, conduct program evaluations, and develop policy recommendations.
A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Welfare Information Gateway provides access to programs, research, laws and policies, training resources, statistics, and much more.
- NRC for Child Welfare Data and Technology - http://www.nrccwdt.org/
- Kinship Care - http://www.cwla.org/programs/kinship/default.htm
- Child Welfare Standards of Excellence - http://www.cwla.org/programs/standards/default.htm
- Family Foster Care - http://www.cwla.org/programs/fostercare/default.htm
- Faith-Based Action Programs - http://www.childrensdefense.org/programs-campaigns/faith-based-action/
- Youth Development and Leadership Training - http://www.childrensdefense.org/programs-campaigns/youth-development-leadership/
- Kinship Care Resource Kit - http://www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-publications/data/kinship-care-resource-kit.html
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is the Federal partner in the Cooperative Extension System. It provides Federal funding to the system and, through program leadership, helps the system identify and address current issues and problems.
- Find Your Local Extension Office - http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html
- Families, Youth, & Communities - http://www.csrees.usda.gov/nea/family/family.cfm
- Partnering to Serve Grandfamilies - http://www.nifa.usda.gov/nea/family/part/family_part_brookdale.html
- State and National Partners - http://www.csrees.usda.gov/qlinks/partners/state_partners.html
- Map of Intergenerational Programs - http://www.gu.org/OURWORK/Programs/Directory.aspx
The Resource Center is a collaboration between Casey Family Programs, the American Bar Association's Center on Children and the Law, and Generations United.
- Kinship Navigator Programs - http://www2.grandfamilies.org/KinshipNavigatorPrograms.aspx
- Foster Care Licensing - http://www2.grandfamilies.org/FosterCareLicensing.aspx
The Resource Center, located at the University of California at Berkeley, receives funding from the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children, Youth and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, through the Abandoned Infants Assistance Act.
Training Specific: For information on training opportunities via the NAIARC annual conference, the teleconference series, and other related national organizations' conference listings, please see http://aia.berkeley.edu/training/training.php.
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren - http://www.ncoa.org/press-room/community-action-volunteering/grandparents-raising.html
- Legal Information - http://kinshipalliance.org/resources/legal-information/
- State-by-State Resources - http://kinshipalliance.org/resources/state-resources/
The NRCPFC offers onsite technical assistance and indepth information services in collaboration with family partners to assist in the implementation of new strategies, expand knowledge, increase competencies, and expand commitment to family-centered practice by child welfare professionals at all levels.
- Legal Resource Manual for Foster Parents Curriculu - http://hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/info_services/other-issues-in-child-welfare.html
- Promoting Placement Stability and Permanency through Caseworker/Child Visits - http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/info_services/caseworker-visiting.html
- Six Steps to Finding a Family: A Practical Guide to Family Search and Engagement - http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/downloads/SixSteps.pdf
- Lighting the Fire of Urgency: Reunification of Families in America's Child Welfare System (webcast) - http://www.nrcpfc.org/webcasts/7.html
- Framework for Permanence for Young People - http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/downloads/permanency/Permanency_Framework.pdf
- Immigration & Child Welfare - http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/info_services/immigration-and-child-welfare.html
Training Specific: For information on the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program see http://www.uic.edu/jaddams/college/programs/academic_msw.html.
One of the five major MSW concentrations is the Child and Family concentration which emphasizes public sector services—programs that touch the lives of large numbers of urban, at-risk populations.
- Jane Addams Center for Social Policy and Research - http://www.uic.edu/jaddams/college/research_public_service/policy_center.html
- Kinship Care Practice Project - http://www.uic.edu/jaddams/college/kincare/
- Family Caregiving - http://www.extension.org/family+caregiving
- Raising Grandchildren - http://www.extension.org/category/family%20caregiving%20grandparents%20raising%20grandchildren
To search for other child welfare-related national organizations by topic, use the Related Organizations Search.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit Child Welfare Information Gateway.