- » Child Fatalities
|Series:||Related Organizations Lists|
Child Welfare Information Gateway
These results are current as of: March 12, 2014
Organizations that provide information on child fatalities. If you are aware of any others, please contact Child Welfare Information Gateway at OrganizationUpdates@childwelfare.gov. Inclusion on this list is for information purposes and does not constitute an endorsement by Child Welfare Information Gateway or the Children's Bureau.
To search for child-welfare related national organizations by topic, use the Related Organizations Search at http://www.childwelfare.gov/organizations/search.cfm.
A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Welfare Information Gateway provides access to programs, research, laws and policies, training resources, statistics, and much more.
The Every Child Matters Education Fund works with children's organizations and volunteers to conduct campaigns of public opinion polling, press outreach, and community and voter outreach. Links to individual State activities are provided.
- National Coalition to End Child Abuse Deaths - http://www.everychildmatters.org/home/coalition
- consultation and trainings at the State, community and national;
- manages the web-based National Child Death Review Case reporting system, a database of comprehensive information on the circumstances involved in individual child deaths and compiled by local and State child death review teams; and
- provides national leadership in building public and private partnerships to incorporate findings from local and State death reviews into policy and program efforts that improve child health and safety.
The Center is operated by the Michigan Public Health Institute (MPHI), a non-profit dedicated to improving community health through collaboration and the use of state-of-the-art community health practices.
Training Specific: The Online Training Center contains three training modules: the Period of PURPLE Crying® program overview, Basic Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS/AHT) education, and Intermediate Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS/AHT) education. For more information on these training modules, please see http://www.dontshake.org/lms/index.php.
- Period of PURPLE Crying Program - http://www.dontshake.org/sbs.php?topNavID=4&subNavID=32
The Center's website links to information on topics including:
- The Child Death Review Process
- Technical Assistance and Resources
- Tools for CDR Teams
- Child Mortality Data
- Causes of Child Death
- Preventing Child Deaths
- State-Specific Information
The Center is funded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
To search for other child welfare-related national organizations by topic, use the Related Organizations Search.
This material may be freely reproduced and distributed. However, when doing so, please credit Child Welfare Information Gateway.