- » Management & Supervision
- » Administering & Managing Child Welfare Agencies & Programs
- » Building a Culturally Competent Agency
- » Culturally Competent Practices in the Community
- » Cultural Competence in Legal/Judicial Services
Cultural Competence in Legal/Judicial Services
Resources on cultural competence issues in providing legal/judicial services.
Cultural Considerations in Domestic Violence Cases: A National Judicial Education Curriculum
Family Violence Prevention Fund (2001)
Exercises to inform judges about the appropriate assessment of cultural issues in a variety of decisions.
Promoting Culturally Competent Legal Services for Latino Families
ABA Child Law Practice, 24(2), 2005
Strategies for providing legal services to Hispanic families in the context of the child welfare system.
Service Access Through Juvenile Courts: Special Challenges for Culturally Competent Systems of Care (PDF - 212 KB)
Focal Point, 16(2), 2002
How to identify bias in courts' decisions to refer young offenders to mental health and drug or alcohol treatment.