This page outlines general criteria and considerations for national organizations requesting inclusion in the Related Organizations Database:
- The work of the organization must be national in scope (no local, Statewide-only, etc.); regional organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The national organization, foundation, academic/research group must have a primary focus or a major component that focuses on child maltreatment and its prevention, child welfare, or adoption in one or more of Child Welfare Information Gateway’s topical areas.
- The organization/group’s mission/goals align with the Administration for Children and Families, the Children’s Bureau, and Child Welfare Information Gateway’s vision, mission, and values.
- The organization’s website is accessible, provides information on its mission and supporters, contact information, and is applicable to a wide audience.
- The organization’s website’s information appears to be accurate and current and the approach to the privacy of personal information is consistent with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ privacy and security policies.
- The primary intent of the website is to educate and inform, rather than persuade, convert, or sell. The site must be free from heavy marketing or promotion of products.
Database resources are provided for informational purposes only; inclusion in this list does not indicate an endorsement by HHS, the Children’s Bureau, or Child Welfare Information Gateway and is at the discretion of Child Welfare Information Gateway and the Children’s Bureau.