- » Conference Calendar
- » 14th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect: Gateways to Prevention
- » Conference Program
- » Presentation Abstracts
Materials are available for some presentations, indicated with asterisks (**) following the title. The names of presenters are listed along with abstracts and titles. Some presentation materials contain links to external websites. These links may no longer be available and we suggest you contact the conference presenters for further information.
The presentations are grouped in the following categories:
- CAPTA Amendments 2003: How Changes in Federal Law Can Affect State Agency Programs (Session 2) **
- Evaluation of the Children’s Advocacy Center Model: Preliminary Findings (Session 4)
- Great Beginnings Start Before Birth: Strengthening Families through Early Prenatal Support Services and Father Involvement (Session 1) **
- Project Prevention Orange: A Community-Based Approach to Child Maltreatment Prevention (Session 6)
- Promoting Best Practice with Substance-Involved Families: an Overview of Existing Training Efforts and Resources (Session 5)
- Strengthening Families in Rural Communities Through Collaborative Efforts (Session 7)
- The Crosby Young Parent Program: Preparing Teen Mothers for Success in Learning, Parenting, and Life (Session 8)
- The Family Advocate: Providing Support to Non-Offending Caregivers (Session 3)
Audiotapes of the workshops, plenary sessions, mini-plenary sessions, preconference seminars, roundtables, skills seminars, and think tanks are available for a fee. Videotapes of three plenary sessions are available for purchase as well. Go to http://www.actsconferenceproducts.com/merchant/ca.asp to order. This link will open a new browser window to an external Web site. To return to Child Welfare Information Gateway website, close the new window.