Search & Reunion
Adoptees and their birth parents and relatives who were separated by adoption may decide to search for each other at some point during their lives. If their search is successful, some will pursue meeting their birth relatives. This section is designed to address the concerns of both adoptees who are searching for birth parents or other birth relatives, as well as birth parents (both mothers and fathers) who want to locate a child who was adopted.
- Obtaining birth and/or adoption records
- Searching for birth relatives
- Reuniting with birth relatives
- Lifelong impact of adoption
- When your child wants to search for birth relatives
Searching for Birth Relatives
This factsheet provides guidance to adopted persons and birth families on the search process and information access, as well as resources for further help in conducting a successful search.