Sample Facebook Posts for Youth
Word of mouth is a powerful tool in adoption recruitment. Share your story. Spread the word about the children and youth in foster care who are waiting for adoptive families. Use these sample messages to promote adoption from foster care through your Facebook page throughout the month of November.
Raise Awareness About National Adoption Month
- You don't have to work in child welfare or adoption to help children in foster care. Find out how you can put your talents to work by visiting http://www.adoptuskids.org/join-the-conversation/ways-to-help
- The National Adoption Month website's section for youth was designed with feedback from youth like us, check it out at https://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/youth/index.cfm
- Do you have a blog and want to raise awareness about children in foster care who are waiting for their permanent families? Visit http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/spread-the-word/nam-widgets.cfm to add a National Adoption Month widget to your blog.
- Want to hear youth describing their real-life experiences in foster care and defining what family and permanency mean to them? Visit the National Adoption Month website: https://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/youth/youth-videos.cfm
- Has your State issued a National Adoption Day proclamation? View the National Adoption Day proclamations: http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/elected-officials/proclamations
Educate Others About Adoption From Foster Care
- Did you know there are over 100,000 children and youth in foster care in the U.S. waiting for permanent families? Meet these children on the AdoptUSKids website: http://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children?utm_source=Gateway&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=NAM
- Watch the latest foster adoption public service ads on the AdoptUSKids YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/adoptuskids
- Hear firsthand stories of children and youth awaiting adoption. Visit the National Adoption Month video gallery: http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/video.cfm