Sample Email Messages
Use these sample email messages to promote National Adoption Month.
Subject: Honor National Adoption Month in November
More than 100,000 children and youth in the U.S. foster care system are awaiting permanent families. National Adoption Month is a time to raise awareness about the adoption of children and youth from foster care.
National Adoption Month is an initiative of the Children's Bureau in partnership with AdoptUSKids and Child Welfare Information Gateway. The focus of this year's initiative, "Partnering for Permanency," builds on last year's social media focus but emphasizes the partnerships necessary to achieve permanency for children and youth, including partnerships with State public information officers or communication directors. The Children's Bureau is supporting a website that provides resources for child welfare professionals, prospective adoptive parents, and youth on topics such as getting started with social media, how to build a social media campaign, and how social media is impacting child welfare and adoption, and partnering with State public information officers.
Bookmark the web section today: http://www.childwelfare.gov/nam
Subject: Tips for Honoring National Adoption Month
Below are a few tips on how you can raise awareness about National Adoption Month.
- Learn more about children awaiting families by visiting the National Adoption Month website's video gallery at http://www.childwelfare.gov/nam/
- Access resources about the impact of social media on adoption at http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/professionals/sm-adoption.cfm
- View examples about how to spread the word through social media, widgets, and your email signature at http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/spread-the-word/sample-media.cfm
- Learn about how professionals can build a social media campaign at http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/professionals/
- Learn how professionals can partner with their State public information officer at http://adoptuskids.org/_assets/files/AUSK/NRCDR/working-with-your-public-information-officer.pdf (PDF – 246 KB)
Check out the most recent National Adoption Month updates on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/childwelfare