National Adoption Month Partners
National Adoption Month is an initiative of the Children's Bureau supported through AdoptUSKids and Child Welfare Information Gateway, members of the Children's Bureau Training and Technical Assistance Network.
- Child Welfare
AdoptUSKids provides free tools and technical assistance to States, territories, and Tribes to support their efforts to recruit and retain foster and adoptive families and to connect them with children in foster care. AdoptUSKids works closely with the Children's Bureau and the Ad Council on national campaigns to raise public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families. This multifaceted national project includes:
- A national photolisting of children waiting in foster care for adoptive families
- Electronic media services:
- The National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKidsProvides training and technical assistance to States and Tribes to help them build their capacity to recruit and retain foster, adoptive, concurrent, and kinship families and to assist States and Tribes with the development and implementation of diligent recruitment plans
- Information about effective family support modelsProvides information for States and Tribes on effective models for family support
- Multimedia campaigns to recruit families for children in foster care awaiting adoption
- The operation of the National Adoption and Foster Care Information Exchange SystemProvides telephone and Internet information to adoption professionals and prospective foster and adoptive families that helps families assess their readiness to foster or adopt and supports productive connections between families and appropriate service providers
- National Adoption Recruitment Campaign FulfillmentNational Adoption Recruitment Campaign Fulfillment activities that extend the reach of the multimedia campaigns through the distribution of awareness-raising and capacity-building materials to families and professionals
- A cadre of trained media spokesfamiliesA cadre of trained media spokesfamilies consisting of successful adoptive families throughout the United States
Find out more about AdoptUSKids.
Child Welfare Information Gateway promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children and families by connecting adoption and other child welfare professionals to information and resources that help them address the needs of children and families in their communities.
- National Foster Care & Adoption DirectoryThe National Foster Care & Adoption Directory includes State-by-State listings of adoption agencies, State officials and services, support groups, and other related services.
- Adoption TriadAdoption Triad is a monthly e-brief that provides practical information, tools, and strategies to help agencies build their capacity to identify, recruit, and retain families for children and youth. It also presents resources on all aspects of adoption for professionals to share with triad members.
- Logic Model Builder for Postadoption Services ProgramsThe Logic Model Builder for Postadoption Services Programs helps programs identify anticipated outcomes, indicators of success, and evaluation instruments that may be appropriate to measure success in postadoption services.
- State Statutes SearchThe State Statutes Search provides State statutes on a range of issues related to child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
- Gateway Publications Series ListGateway's Publications Series List includes over 170 bulletins for professionals, factsheets for families, Spanish materials, and other products produced or distributed by Information Gateway.
Explore the Introduction to Adoption section to learn more.