- What are the signs or symptoms of child abuse and neglect?
- What can I do if I suspect child abuse or neglect? How do I report child abuse or neglect?
- Can I make an anonymous report of abuse?
- How many children are abused and neglected each year?
- I don't like the way child protective services (CPS) handled my case. What can I do?
- How to Report Suspected Child Maltreatment
Also available in Spanish: Cómo puede reportar el maltrato de menores
- A Coordinated Response to Child Abuse and Neglect: The Foundation for Practice
- Child Maltreatment 2014
Note: This factsheet combines and updates two previous factsheets from Child Welfare Information Gateway: What Is Child Abuse and Neglect? and Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect: Signs and Symptoms.
- A Family's Guide to the Child Welfare System (PDF - 699 KB)
Addresses many of the questions that families face when they become involved with the child welfare system.
Also available in Spanish: Guía para la familia sobre el sistema de bienestar infantil (PDF - 889 KB)
- Child Protective Services: A Guide for Caseworkers
- Supervising Child Protective Services Caseworkers
- State Laws on Reporting and Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect
Summaries of State laws on mandatory reporting, immunity for reporters, and related issues.
- State Laws on Maintaining Child Abuse and Neglect Records
Summaries of State laws on central registries, disclosure of records, and related issues.