- What are the signs or symptoms of child abuse and neglect?
- What can I do if I suspect child abuse or neglect? How do I report child abuse or neglect?
- Can I make an anonymous report of abuse?
- How many children are abused and neglected each year?
- I don't like the way child protective services (CPS) handled my case. What can I do?
- How to Report Suspected Child Maltreatment
Also available in Spanish: Cómo puede reportar el maltrato de menores
- A Coordinated Response to Child Abuse and Neglect: The Foundation for Practice
- Child Maltreatment 2014
Note: This factsheet combines and updates two previous factsheets from Child Welfare Information Gateway: What Is Child Abuse and Neglect? and Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect: Signs and Symptoms.
- Child Maltreatment 2016, this summary presents statistics and information on child fatalities due to abuse and neglect in the United States during Federal fiscal year (FFY) 2016. It includes national and state-by-state data as well as additional research and information on prevention and interventions.
- State Laws on Reporting and Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect
Summaries of State laws on mandatory reporting, immunity for reporters, and related issues.
- State Laws on Maintaining Child Abuse and Neglect Records
Summaries of State laws on central registries, disclosure of records, and related issues.